Re: was Cyclamen / now Master Gardeners

Ceres,
I remember this discussion before, too. I don't mean that our method is
better than yours. Both systems can have flaws. When I said I liked
first come-first served it had to do with (I think) Auralie's friend
being refused training for petty reasons. If my local MG training was
done by the interview process, I would not have been awarded the
opportunity to be a MG. I know (virtually) for a fact that I would have
been refused.

> The local MGC has had a female
> president the past few yrs yet will not chg their name.  How many of you
> would be a member/officer to a mens club that would not recognize women?  You
> can
> count me out!!

Well, I think it's sort of ironic. My guess is these women were able to
get past the name. I think if I were treated fairly and thoroughly
enjoyed my membership, I might be able to shrug it off. But I might keep
trying to get them to change their name.

Kitty

Kitty