Re: was Cyclamen / now Master Gardeners

In a message dated 11/10/2003 8:24:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:

> I am showing my ignorance.  What are federated programs?

Federated Garden Clubs.  The National Organization used to be named National
Council of Federated Garden Clubs.  A couple of years ago they changed their
legal name to just National Garden Club, but many states, like New York,
maintain that they are a federation (fgcnys -Federated Garden Clubs of New York
State).  The "federated" programs are those sponsored by the National Garden Club:
Environmental Studies; Landscape Design; Gardening Study; and, of course,
Flower Show School.
Auralie (aplfgcnys)