Re: news of the day

Well, Kitty, I'm sure in agreement about the well-controlled credit
card - Lord knows I use my plastic and you're right about the
existence of alternates and those in charge.  IMO, there will be no
substantial investment in alternate energy resources until the next
oil crisis here or some other major crisis that will force change -
at a great deal of discomfort and expense to most of the population.

The only possible other way is should we (miraculously) acquire a
president and a few congressional leaders who realize the importance
of alternates and push for funding research and enact laws that do
the forcing.  Don't really see that in the cards, I fear.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
>
> Marge,
> I agree with most of what you said regarding greed, though I see
the value of a well-controlled credit card.