Re: OT throw away society - repercusions

November issue of Natural History includes a disturbing feature about the
amount of plastic in the Pacific Ocean.  In the North Pacific subtropical
gyre there is a "patch" of floating plastic debris the size of Texas.
What is more alarming than the debris is that the "plastic polymers (the
tiny molecules of plastic that don't break down)...are sponges for DDT,
PCBs, and other oily pollutants.  The Japanese investigators found that
plastic resin pellets concentrate such poisons to levels as high as a
million times their concentrations in the water as free-floating
substances".  And, these get into the ecosystem and into the food web.
Nature might not be able to produce a pollutant-free fish.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN