Re: absent Hummingbirds this year

Actually, from what I have read, there are two flyways for the snow goose. Most of the white ones go south along the east coast (as you have noted). The other flyway (used by most of the "blue" ones) is through the plains states. My goose may have been lost, as the route they use is further west, but it did not seem injured, from my observation.
Cathy