Re: news of the day: t-shirts

> From: Bonnie Holmes <holmesbm@usit.net>
> One of my relatives used to work for a company that sent out mail
order
> catalogues.  When I complained of the same thing, he explained that
it was
> more expensive for a company to delete you than to continue to mail
out the
> catalogue...they can mail for pennies.
----------

That just does not make sense to me.  Mailing costs are only part of
it - printing costs are pretty heavy; 'course I don't know what that
catalog was like, but still, even B&W on newsprint ain't free these
days.

Yes, it costs something to purge your address list, but it is so hard
for me to believe that, in this day of computers - this is more
expensive than printing and postage.  I've looked into bulk mail and
it isn't really pennies????????

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade