Re: news of the day: t-shirts

> If the mailings get a certain return, I don't know what the
> average is, then it is worth it to the business...

A 1% response is considered worthwhile in most cases.

> The ones that really get me are the
> ones that send a new catalog every other month.

I was successful in reducing my Gardeners Supply catalogs from 15 a year
to about 5 a year. You can call and ask to be put on a reduced mailing
list. I used to get an AM Leonard once a yr, now it comes out about 6
times a year - and the only thing I buy from them is Felco blades. I
have tried to tell supply catalogue CS that I keep my catalogues and
refer to them as needed. But to no avail. Being a marketing major I
realize they believe that you will order more often if they "remind" and
"suggest" more frequently by showing up in your mailbox. This is true,
but no for me.

Kitty