From: Tony Veca <romans8@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Glass Flowers
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:45:51 -0800

on 11/15/03 8:10 AM, Libby Valentine wrote:

> seed pod,

That was very interesting Libby. II'm trying to visualize in my minds eye
what they look like on this gloomy / rainey day to brighten my spirits up.
thanks for sharing.

The reason I put seed pods above, was because of an interesting forensic
science detective program that found 2 pods from a Palo Verdes tree (this
was in Arizona ) in a murder suspects truck. By checking the dna of it, they
proved he was in the area of the murder. the judge wasn't satisfied, because
he thought it could have come from any number of 100's of these trees. Well
the science "cops" proceeded to do dna on many of these tree pods & showed
that EVERY one had a different dna. This was a first in using dna in plant
material to prove a murder. How about that!!!!!

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA USA