planting bulbs and watering

Normally - I don't have to water by bulb planting time, normally I'm not
still wearing shorts. This year? Major drought. Still under a burn ban

The barrel is full of weeds. Took Friday off and spent the entire three
days watering and planting bulbs and weeding. The path project will
obviously have to wait until Spring now - yard is still too hard to dig.
Was hoping to have that done by now.

Re-mulched every bed and container today too. Anything to cut down on
the water bill. But the upside is - everything is still blooming. All
the warm weather stuff like zinnias, Madagascar periwinkles and pentas,
plus all the cool season stuff like violas, pansies, rosemary and

Even the lavenders are giving it another go! Roses look great and the
peppers and basil are still going strong! What a weird Fall! Four
o'clocks are giving up though - pity. And the Spring bulbs are all
starting to sprout. Hope they quit soon or I'm going to have daffodils
and leucojums in December. Too weird!

hugs to all -

Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A