From: Wendy Swope [mailto: wendyswope@mindspring.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:15:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Subject: RE: [CHAT] news of the day: catalogs

I love 'em, too, Melody. At my house, I have The Catalog Basket,
which<br>is a wicker basket about 3 feet in diameter and 2-and-a-half
feet deep.<br>That's where I store all my catalogs. This time of year,
catalogs are Heirloom Roses, Archie McPhee<br>(novelties), Deva Lifewear
(all-cotton clothes ideal for gardening),<br>Lehman's Non-Electric (from
a huge general store that serves the Amish<br>community), Northern Sun
(clever tees, bumperstickers, and pins--<br>something to please and/or
offend everybody), and Gardener's Supply Co.<br>I also receive the What
On Earth catalog with all its great t-shirts. My<br>favorite slogan is
to have harmless fantasies over the catalog merchandise, but over<br>the
past few years, I've developed a nasty habit of buying
things.<br>Mailorder plants are a gateway drug <sigh and
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>Sent: Nov 13, 2003 6:39 AM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] news of the day:
catalogs<br><br>Oh, I ***love*** catalogs!!!!!! As I have no credit
cards, I am<br>perfectly safe with them (I've never ordered a thing from
any of<br>them)...I just get such a vicarious thrill out of seeing all
the stuff<br>that is out there is
text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>