RE: Stress/Herbs

Valerian (Valeriana officinalis), a member of the Valerianaceae family, is
a perennial plant native to Europe and Asia and naturalized in North
America . It has a distinctive odor that many find unpleasant. Other names
include setwall (English), Valerianae radix (Latin), Baldrianwurzel
(German), and phu (Greek). The genus Valerian includes over 250 species,
but V. officinalis is the species most often used in the United States and

Preparations of valerian marketed as dietary supplements are made from its
roots, rhizomes (underground stems), and stolons (horizontal stems). Dried
roots are prepared as teas or tinctures, and dried plant materials and
extracts are put into capsules or incorporated into tablets

From Medline.  (NIH has been conducting some trials on the herb.)

Mayo's site:  http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=SA00059

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN