Re: Another OT

Does that work?  Have no experience of that as we have oil fired hot
water heat, but have often wondered if those systems actually work
well?  When it gets really bad at our house, I'm reduced to boiling
water to add some humidity to the air - you should see my Rube
Goldberg set up for doing this:-)

Thanks re: when turpenhydrate/codeine went away.  Lordy!  How can it
be that long ago?  Agree it is way too bad it was removed as it was
the absolutely most effective item for bad coughs from colds.
Sometimes, I do tend to think our paternalistic society goes
overboard protecting us from ourselves:)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635
----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Marge -
> I had an April Air installed with my new furnce to try to keep the
humidity
> up during winter.
> The last time I was able to get turpenhydrate w/codeine was about
1983.
> Long before that it had been removed from the otc shelves and you
had to
> request and sign for it, although it was not a prescription.  The
reason, as
> I understand it is that druggies were buying up lots of it to
extract the
> codeine.  There has never been anything since that works as well
IMO.  It