RE: throw away society

There must be some way for you to get the vinyl onto CD's without having to
invest more than the cost of a CD player/burner (much less expensive than
they used to be) and some CD re-writables or even one time writable CD's.
I'll check with Santa Bill.  If anyone knows of a good way, he will.  I
can't stand the thought of losing all the old video's and vinyl either, but
I really love the quality of the pictures on CD's and DVD's.  You can store
so much more in such a smaller space with the newer technology and with all
the vinyl and video tapes at this house, it might buy me back some badly
needed space.

At least 4 years ago, we went into an upscale electronics place and they
still sold record players!  I guess a number of audiophiles prefer the vinyl
to the plastic, so you still might be able to get something to play your
vinyl on...at a price.

As for VCR's, well now I'm seeing VCR/DVD/CD decks where you can put your
video tape on one side and record it either in DVD or CD mode.

I won't be able to get an answer from Santa Bill this weekend (he's in
class) but I'll see if I can get one sometime during the week if someone
else doesn't come up with a good alternative way of keeping some of the
great "oldie goldie's!"

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)