Re: Another OT

In a message dated 11/21/2003 6:18:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wmorgan972@ameritech.net writes:

> maybe the soda has some soothing action or
> >something.  Anybody who knows about chemistry have a clue?

My grandmother used to swear by "soda and aspirin" as a cure or preventive
for colds.  She would take a half-teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a cup of
warm water and two aspirin. Really a revolting dose in my mind. She died in
her sleep at age 85, so maybe it was effective.      Auralie