RE: Another OT

This was quite a few years ago, like the 70's... I wanted contacts but
could not afford them, so did the research study grant for the extended
ones (read guinea pig)prior to their approval.

I developed a soreness and redness... which had to be investigated...
and found out I was reacting to the preservative in the over the counter
saline solutions. They switch me to a small salt tablet which I mixed
with distilled water when needed. Solved the problem.

Years later I somehow scratched my eye and while treating that, noticed
this ridge from the contacts... never put them back in my eyes again. I
used to keep them in for three months at a time, which now is a no no. I
have to agree it was nice waking up and seeing...not looking for glasses

Which is more than you ever wanted to know.:)