White sapote

Just had my first taste of the white sapote [Casimiroa edulis]. Yum, yum. I want one of these trees, so I saved the seeds [two] from the tasting and will plant them in pots this weekend. This is really a wonderful Mexican fruit. If you want to try it, you may find it in your local bodega--tis the season!
Also, if you do find it, don't eat the skin or seeds--give you the trots big time. But I guarantee you that the flesh of the fruit will replace apricots on the top ten list one of these days.