Re: tolerance of lack of same

In a message dated 11/24/2003 9:54:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> scorned, ignored, ridiculed, vilified and ostracized for my choice for a
> >long time. Jesse's best friend from KC questioned my "orientation"

Pam, I got that treatment from the family because I chose to get married and
neglect my "duty" to the older members of the family.  I was the chosen old
maid caretaker because my mother had died and my grandparents had brought me up.
 The family never forgave me for marrying and not doing my "duty." I had no
right  to a life of my own.  Even my husband was not reassuring.  I had a
period of serious depression about this, but finally decided I would have been a
horrible, sour, negative person if I had done my "duty" instead of a reasonable
cheerful, balanced individual.  I finally felt that raising three sons (that
wasn't all fun, either) ultimately contributed more to the world than taking
care of the old people in the family.  They did manage all right without me,
anyway.  Enjoy your life and independence.  Auralie