From: Pamela J. Evans [mailto: gardenqueen@gbronline.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:21:04 -0600
Subject: RE: [CHAT] throw away society

I understand, it took this neighborhood YEARS to accept the fact
that<br>I'm not married. I'm only now after 8 years starting to
become<br>"acceptable" to these backward provincials in this one mule
town.<br><br>An independent woman living alone -
gasp!!<br><br>---------- Original Message
----------------------------------<br>From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan"
<wmorgan972@ameritech.net><br>Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:00:00 -0500<br><br>>I had a neighbor once get upset
with me. I had been out hauling rock and<br>>laying paver bricks (among
other things) beside Bill. She complained that<br>>because I did "men's
work" it was causing her to look bad to her husband.<br>>He wanted to
know why she didn't pitch in outside once in a while.) LOL!!!<br>>Of
owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf<br>>Of Theresa<br>>Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 10:15
PM<br>>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>>Subject: RE: [CHAT] throw away
society<br>><br>>I'll second that! I am delighted that I can replace a
kitchen faucet, haul<br>>shrubs out of the ground, and still
occassionally catch guys watching me<br>>walk across the grocery store
parking lot when I'm in a pair of heels.<br>>Thank god my husband is
also an independent thinking person- and not in the<br>>least threatened
by my tendency to do what ever comes to mind. (Although he<br>>did fuss
at me when I nearly got crushed underneath the yard waste
barrel<br>>becuase I had put about 400 lbs of stuff in it and then tried
to move it all<br>>by myself :) It cracks me up when my male neighbor
across the street wants<br>>to know where my husband is when I'm out
working in the yard and garden- It<br>>is my project, not my husbands!
It worries my thought when his 11 year old<br>>daughter doesn't
understand this- maybe eventually a little of my influence<br>>will rub

-<br>>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On<br>>Behalf Of Pamela J.
Evans<br>>Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 6:10 PM<br>>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>>Subject: RE: [CHAT] throw away
too many years ago,<br>>that she wondered if she raised us to be too
independent! I told her -<br>>absolutely not. Can't be too independent.
That would like being too into<br>>gardening - can't
----------------------------------<br>>From: "Donna "
<justme@prairieinet.net><br>>Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>>Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:46:43 -0600<br>><br>>>I think this was the most
important thing you can do for your child...<br>>> No matter what life
throws at them, they will be able to handle it...<br>>>whether we
very<br>>>> independent person, and raised my sons to be individuals.
Thanks for your concern.
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the<br>>>message text UNSUBSCRIBE
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with