Iris s. FOB

I just received a small start of Iris sibirica 'Flight of Butterlies' - You
can see it at:
http://snurl.com/35c3

It's a very small start but with a proportionately good amount of roots.
I've potted it up in a 4 inch pot, but it's too cold outside here now to
even sink the pot - I'm afraid it would heave even if well mulched.  I'm
sure it needs some cold treatment, just not necessarily as cold as it's
gonna get here.  Would it be ok to just overwinter it in the garage at 40-50
degrees?

Kitty