From: Lynda Young [mailto: lyoung@grindertaber.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 07:39:03 -0600
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Armitage CD and other electronic wonders

Make that triplets - I don't even want to contemplate a life
Message-----<br>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On<br>Behalf Of Pamela J.
Evans<br>Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 7:24 PM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Armitage CD and other
birth? Nothing will replace a book<br>for me. I can take it out on the
other than what the Creator provides!! Do you know<br>there are
neighbors I never see unless there's a power blackout?
----------------------------------<br>From: cathy carpenter
<cathyc@rnet.com><br>Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Tue, 25 Nov
2003 19:04:50 -0600<br><br>>You are far more advanced than I am! While I
use computers for many<br>>things, I hate to read articles on them.
Anything I search for, I print<br><br>>out. Love books. They seem more
"personal" than a computer screen.<br>>Cathy<br>>On Tuesday, November
25, 2003, at 04:27 PM, james singer wrote:<br>><br>>> Just wondered if
anyone had Armitage's interactive CD of herbaceous<br>>> perennials or
Dirr's woody landscape plants--and if so, how useful<br>are <br>>>
they?<br>>><br>>> Personally, I wish all of my garden "books" were
searchable CDs. Or<br>>> better, searchable web sites. The most useful
book that I have access<br><br>>> to is Julia Morton's book on tropical
fruit [Fruit for Warm<br>Climates], <br>>> which Purdue University has
posted on its "new crops" web page. [New <br>>> Crops also has links to
that fantastic National Academy of Sciences <br>>> publication, Lost
Crops of the Incas.]<br>>><br>>>