Re: Another OT

Heh, heh, Melody, I have a few floor registers, too and that's what I
do, only I snag my roasting pans for the job.  Not exactly
decorative;-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
>
> re: humidity in winter: I grew up in a very old house, the kind
that had
> the large ornate cast iron register grills in the floor and every
winter
> my grandmother had a collection of bowls she would sit down inside
the
> registers and each day as she went around watering her hundreds of
house
> plants, she would fill the bowls with water, too. Worked a charm to
keep
> the whole house humidified. I wish one could still get registers
like
> that today instead of these dinky things in the baseboards of the
> walls...
>

> Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

> --Albert Einstein

I<br>>