From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 6:28 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Armitage CD and other electronic wonders

Well Jim- for an "ole timer" (and I mean that with all affection) you
certainly have kept up with the times.  I enjoy a good novel, and I don't
want to take my laptop to read in bed.... But- the majority of my garden
book needs can now be met online or via electronic versions.  I quit buying
gardening books a couple years ago, with the rare exception now and then.  I
realized that I wasn't using the paper version of the books (except for
maybe 6 or so of them).  Thank God for the internet and electronic
everything- I'd never manage to keep in touch with my family, do any
banking, buy gifts, or manage to do an eighth of my job without it.  I'll
take anything that makes life easier and more fulfilling- and for me
computers and the like to just that.

Besides, that back corner of the library just sent my allergies bonkers- I
guess I did get teary-eyed, but for a different reason : )