Re: another mystery plant

Go ahead and send to me; don't think we can attach images to our list
mail; think the server just removes them.  I'll put it on the web and
post the URL so everyone can take a shot at it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
>
> Thanks for your assistance. The more I observe the plant, the more
> think, despite what my friend called it, it is not an ivy.
Definitely
> is a trailer. The leaves are not variegated, and their shape is
> probably more ovate or elliptical than heart shaped. Guess I'll
have to
> try a picture. We have a digital camera, so may be I can get DH to
show
> me how to download and send a picture or  two. Should I send to you

> directly rather than the list? I don't want to mess up every one's
> email with an unwanted picture.
> Cathy
> On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 10:11 PM, Marge Talt wrote:
>
> >> From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
> >> A friend gave me a start of a vining plant she called "Peruvian
> > ivy".
> >> It is delicate, small (1/4 in or less) alternate leaves that are
> >> vaguely heart shaped. Not hardy. No visible flowers and she did
not

> >> report any.
> > ----------
> >
> > Well, Cathy, I, too, googled this with no luck.  Now, there is an
ivy
> > with very tiny, heart shaped leaves - I have a photo of it in one
of
> > my ivy articles:
> > http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/shade_gardening/27257
> >
> > Scroll down to the sub head "Still In Pots After All These
Years".
> > Of course, I put it in the ground and it didn't make it, so it
could
> > very well be not hardy.
> >
> > If this is not what you've got, then we need to see a picture of
this
> > child as it could easily be something that's not related to
Hedera