RE: Mail Order Nurseries

Have to agree Kitty, although up till now I have avoided mail order.

Most places all sell the same plants around here. There were a few that
had specialty plants, but this year they closed up. I am really gonna be
stuck come next spring :(

Even tho Chicago is not far from me... I have driven to many nurseries
and garden centers to see what was available. Sorry to report, same
things that are here locally. Must be supply and demand, as you look
around the neighborhood, everyone is happy with the common
stuff....(both in annuals and perennials)

What's a gardener to do....

Donna

> Jim,
> Your location, your connections, your expertise - but mainly, as  they
> say,
> Location, Location, Location -
> are big reasons why you have no need to rely on mailorder.
>
> I'm not so lucky.  I need mailorder to get the items I'm looking for.
> Most
> people around here have never even heard of Toad Lilies.  Something
very
> simple, very easy to grow, and comfortably hardy.  But we put some in
our
> MG
> sale and you'd think it was an exotic.  When nurseries do try to carry
> something out of the ordinary it is often passed over in favor of a
Black