Re: Today in the Yard

Zem,
It's a lot of hassle bringing these special plants in for the winter and
by April some of mine can look pretty sad. But shortly after they're
back outside in May they really start to perk up and I realize it was
worth it.

I dug the last of my ppl Fountain grass yesterday between
trick-or-treaters. they started coming around 4:00 and I just didn't
want to lose the rest of a beautiful day. I also dug & potted a seedling
Pelargonium and a spider plant.

My colchicum leaves are all coming up! They must have gotten mighty
confused by the weather. I'm going to have to give them an extra heavy
mulch come December to protect them.

I still haven't shredded the rest of the leaves I collected from down
the street so I had to cover them up against the rain that's coming.
There was a very big nail in the pile and it jammed the shredder. I got
it out but the shredder won't run right now so I'll have to tear it down
and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Kitty