RE: Today in the Yard

We haven't had the chance to get the rest of the leaves up either, Kitty.
However, the puppies are having a wonderful time trouncing through them,
just like little ones!  The only problem is that the leaves are matching
most of the puppies' coloration and it is a bit difficult to see them from
time to time.  The rain will prevent us from trying to get more done until
we get a dry day or two.

Yesterday, I got 9 shrubs planted and 4 perennials in an hour that I got at
75% off at Loews!  (It was like Christmas!)  I finished up just as the first
drops of rain began.  I can hardly wait until spring to see how everything
turns out.  I would have had the Monday shrubs and perennials in, too, on
Sunday but since I was outside trying to use every last ray of light to
plant, neighbors and friends wanted to come over and talk about my
plantings.  It was probably for the best, because arthritis and old knees
were beginning to tell me I should stop anyway.

Between Saturday & Sunday, I put in 100+bulbs and two perennials and two
hydrangea (all protected by chicken wire).  They went into the new Pet
Garden to honor our lost family animals.  As soon as I can plant seed, I'll
be putting in what Pam sent me to finish out that garden in the spring.

I still have a Christmas fern and a bloodroot (both bare root) to plant,
weather and time permitting.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and fruitful weekend.  Don't forget to do
your civic duty today!  (I waited in line for over 1/2 hour.  I usually just
walk in at 6:30 a.m. and am out a few minutes later.  We had the largest
voter turn out--even in the rain--that I've seen for a very long time.)

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)