Re: Today/now polls

In a message dated 11/2/2004 7:51:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hodgesaa@earthlink.net writes:
I am  working at the polls tomorrow from 6:30 a.m.
> until...
>
> zem
> zone 7
> West TN

Voter turnout was unbelievable from what I saw.  I volunteered as a Mobile
Field Attorney for Election Protection (a non-partisan coalition to ensure that
no voters are disenfrnchised at the polls).
http://www.electionprotectionvolunteer.org/electionprotection/index.cfm?mktcode=EI001

I covered a precinct in Harrisburg, PA that has 500 registered voters and
typically sees 70-100 voters come out and vote every election.  390 people voted
at this precinct.  That's approximately 78% voter turnout.  It was a
record-breaker.  The poll workers were astounded.

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7