Re: Today/now polls

And I have to note that Bush did win the majority of the popular vote...first candidate in years to do so, and increased his party's majority in both houses of congress. The "talking heads" will be dissecting this for many months, I'm sure, but the bottom line is that we have to move towards positions that are not on the extreme ends of either party's ideology - a pox on all special interest lobbyists!
Cathy
On Wednesday, November 3, 2004, at 06:53 PM, Kitty wrote:

Congratulations Fran. We'll all get what you voted for in the next four
years. Then I expect more people will be ready for a change. I'm just so
glad that so many were truly motivated to participate.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "F M Ferrari" <fm4re@swbell.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today/now polls

Oh well and I'm proudly wearing red today! Glad we're in the US and not
some place where we can't disagree. Yesterday showed that we all can
have a say in an election when everyone gets off their butts to vote.
Someone had to win and someone had to loose. Kerry's speech this
afternoon showed that even though he lost the election, he is not a
loser. I actually gained some respect for him and how he handled the
election results.

Although I disagree on many of the issues on the Republican platform and
Bush, I became one after 20 plus years of being an Independent. I just
got tired of all the "disenfranchised" and "entitled" talk of other
parties and tired of clinton and gore.

Funny, but it was a Republican, Frank Keating, who actually made me
proud to have chosen Oklahoma as my home. Okay, my husband also and he's
in heaven with the results here (he's a "special assistant" to our Lt.
governor - a female Republican - and worked for Keating). So judge me by
my party affiliations and stereotype me but then be guilty of the very
behavior that I'm accused of.

Fran, OKC

http://www.hort.net/funds/