RE: Today/now voting/back to gardening--a question....

Fran, my "red" signs are still up in the yard and my neighbor's cars (with
the Kerry bumper stickers) are still in my driveway today.  (They think
their driveway will be ready for their use sometime next week.)  America is
a great place when neighbors with very different opinions can still be
friends even after a very bitter election battle.

I too gained some respect for Senator Kerry from his performance of his
concession speech.  It IS time for us all to pull together again.  (And I
agree with you about the special interests lobbyists too, Cathy.)  We all
still believe in building a better America; we just have differing opinions
as to which path to take to get there.

Again, thanks to everyone who took the time to get out and vote!

Now a gardening question for Kitty.  Kitty, I have some Knautia plants I was
able to transplant a couple weeks ago into pots.  I want to "save" them for
the spring (March) Centerville plant exchange.  With no room in the house,
garage or basement, I need to protect them outdoors.  I know you use leaves
to cover up your over wintering pots outside next to a foundation(?), but it
seems that you also put something else with the leaves to protect the pots &
roots.  Could you refresh my memory?  I'd really appreciate it.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)