Re: election

Wow...you go Fran. Would that everybody in this country could be so
rational! And I really don't care for the titles, like you and Gene
pointed out..."liberal", "right wing nuts", etc. And I registered as a
Democrat this year only because I had to choose between Republican and
Democrat....there was on opportunity to register as an independent in
our county. I just wish more Americans would THINK...and not believe
everything they see or hear on T.V. campaign ads. And on that
subject...I would like to find SOME WAY to pass a LAW on negative
campaigning. I was so sick to death of the trashing. Just state your
case, tell them what you believe in and what you want to see happen when
you are in office...and let people do the research and decide for
themselves. So many people were disgusted by the negativity.

F M Ferrari <fm4re@swbell.net> wrote:
Yes! and without calling names like "dumb" and other derogatory terms. Thanks, Fran

PS I'm also a reformed liberal and probably a liberterian more than
Republican. I believe in gay marriage (which should still come with the
marriage tax penalty - sorry no exceptions on that "right" of marriage),
stem cell research (funded from various sources), legalize weed, and I'm
not a Christian. Since I don't have a church for tithing, I donate about
$100 each paycheck for various causes (of course I have records for
taxes). I believe in supporting independent bookstores, nurseries,
greenhouses and mail order outfits like Gene's. Yeah, I pay a little
more for my plants but know that my money is going to people I want to
support. So remember me when you want to stereotype Republicans.

Josh Haskell wrote:
I'll second that; very well said indeed. From the other side of the fence
(moderate Republican/ former liberal), I think you make some very good and
important points. Thanks for your well-reasoned and thoughtful comments.

Josh Haskell
Zone 5 -- Ohio