RE: Re: Today/now polls

Fran, as a fellow allergy prone asthmatic, I can sympathize.  What are your
allergies?  I have indoor, outdoor, tactile and food/medicinal allergies.
What most triggers your asthma?

When necessary, I wear a mask.  Mostly, I try to find items that are large
pollen plants (doesn't float in the air so easily) and I avoid grasses (that
I'm allergic to for certain.)  If I garden earlier in the morning, before
everything dries out, there is less pollen floating about and fewer
pollutants in general.  Of course, the air may also be a bit heavier, so
that doesn't always work when the asthma is bad.

I think you also need to pace yourself.  Dig a little and catch your breath.
I've been known when things were bad (on crutches & allergies and asthma
acting up) to place a tarp down, lay on the tarp-or kneel--and hand dig,
weed, prune, etc.

What meds are you on?  Once we found meds that worked especially well for
me, I could garden more than previously.  Also, several years of allergy
shots (second round of multi-year shots) have helped a great deal.  The
anti-histamines in tablet form have not been as helpful as prescription
nasal inhalers & sprays for me.  They have been a God-send.

I send my sympathies at the loss of your horse, Fran.  That had to be very
difficult for you.  Our four legged friends do tend to become close family
members.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)