Re: now picture link-- Photo expedition

The portrait was wonderful - makes me wish alligators lived in Illinois (almost!). Guess we will have to be content with snapping turtles....
Finally finished the "big" pond. Fortunately 3 folks were willing to adopt koi. Just wish they had wanted the "big" ones (ie. >12" long). One of those kept jumping out of the holding tank, even though we put netting over it, and ended dropping 4ft into a waterless pond, not once, but three times!! We rescued him every time, and the pond is now safely filled. We even found the Plecostomus , and transferred ?him to our smaller pond. Will get him inside tomorrow to our overwintering tank in the basement. Glad this exercise is at an end, as I have more important things to do (weed the swamp).
Cathy, hoping that the rain holds off this week