From: Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: 11/7/2004 10:34:36 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] election

In a message dated 11/7/2004 10:24:49 AM Central Standard Time,
richa@midlands.net writes:

Maybe we  ought to run a dyed in the wool druid in 08.

I know some who would probably do as well as anybody else. :-)  The  thing I
hate most about political campaigns is that the populace is spoken to  like we
are idiots. "Spin doctors" as a general rule turn me off.   Candidates are
made to look like robots just spouting somebody else's  words.  I remember how
much a cardboard figure Al Gore appeared to be in  2000; then I heard he speak
extemporaneously, and he was amazing.  I also  loathe all the negative
campaigning.  Seems we are inundated by every flaw  in the opposing candidate with
everything they've said or done in the  past being taken out of context, and we
are hardly ever afforded the opportunity  to hear them say what they believe
or what they would do.  I was grateful,  in this current campaign, to live in a
state that was not in question, although  our county was decidedly against
the rest of the state.  The local  campaigns were enough!  Maybe we need a few
less professional campaign  managers and more "normal" voters involved -- at
least people who are more in  touch with reality.
Okay, enough of my rant.
zone 7
West TN