Re: Re: election

Not David, Pam, but I have 2 tropical hibiscus who survived 38F
outside up against the house under the soffit for 2 nights running.
They take 40F with no real problem but middle 30's is not something
they like.  If you put yours on your porch, up against the house and
wrap it in Remay...leave a light on if you've got one....it should do
fine down to about 36F since it won't get that cold where it is.  If
it's slated to go colder, then either haul it into the house for
overnight or take it to the greenhouse.  Oh..BTW...days were in the
mid 50s when night temps got down to 38F.

Had first killing frost last night.  Raced around like a madwoman
until nearly 8PM hauling and digging stuff to get it under
cover.....Oh what a mess of plants I have not got to sort out!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Corydalis

----------
> From: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com
> We live to amuse dear!! Hey, didn't you tell me that your tropical
> hibiscus plants are hardy down to 40 degrees or am I hallucinating?
If
> so, my baby is going to have to go to "Auntie" Elaine's greenhouse
by
> the end of the week. Cold front coming through. Won't freeze, but
will
> probably get down to the middle 30's...
>

> Pam Evans
> Kemp, TX
> zone 8A

David
> > Franzman.
> >> I couldn't find David's original email in my mailbox -- must
have deleted
> > it
> >> -- so I had to pull it from Josh's email where he had quoted
David.