Thermal Depolymerization....Update anyone?

While in the "library," I was reading a 2003 magazine and came across an
article about Thermal Depolymerization plants.  The article describes a
successful trial of one of these plants where any carbon based material may
be stuffed into one end of the plant and out the other end comes a good oil,
fertilizers, water and natural gas, to name a few things.  They claimed that
this technology could eventually provide oil from which to make gasoline for
our cars at something like $15 a barrel!

The new plant they were talking about was supposed to be running this year
in Carthage MO next to a Butterball Turkey plant and dispose of 200 tons of
turkey processing waste every 24 hours.  In addition, the plant will break
things down to elements so the possibility of pathogens surviving is nil.
Other locations, supported by our government were also supposed to be
trialing this technology.  Does anyone have a depolymerization plant nearby
to let me know whether it is living up to the promising potential?

If the news is good, I think we ought to be writing our congress people
pushing for a speed up.  This technology is supposed to even take care of
medical bio-hazardous materials and old PC's!  It is self supporting as it
uses the gasses released to fuel the plant as well as sell off the processed
goods.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)
http://www.hort.net/funds/