It's finally cooled off

Well, maybe not off, but down enough so we can shut off the air and open the windows. And the weather channel says it's snowing up north. Good grief.

I planted the Licuala palm this morning in a nice, shady, protected spot. And I planted the Encephalartos cycad in a pot and put the pot in a sunny place along the driveway. Still have two ground orchids I'd like to get planted and about a dozen Bismarckia palms in two of the seed beds that should be potted up--those I want to sell.

This weekend is the Collector's Choice Plant Fair at Selby, but Ms Fatma's at her school's Fall Festival this morning. Her class germinated sunflowers in styrofoam cups to sell at the festival. Maybe we'll get to the plant fair tomorrow.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a