Re: It's finally cooled off

In a message dated 11/13/2004 11:19:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:
New York; it could snow in northern Florida, but not likely in November.

On Saturday, November 13, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Donna wrote:

> It is snowing in Florida?!?
>
> Donna

I can remember snow twice in the twenty years I spent growing up in northern
Florida.
Once, when I was about ten there was a light snow.  My grandfather got a
ladder
and climbed up to scrape enough snow off the roof to make me a snowball.
Seven or eight years later when I was a student at what was then Florida State
College for Women (now FSU) in Tallahassee, it snowed briefly one afternoon.
Students rushed out of the dormitories to stand on the arcades and try to
catch
the flakes as they fell.  It didn't last long, and the ground was not
covered.  It was
later in that period when I saw my first real snowfall on a trip to
Montgomery,
Alabama, for a friend's wedding.  There were several inches in Montgomery,
which
caused major traffic tie-ups, and I remember seeing white fields from the bus
as
I rode back down, but it did not extend as far down as Tallahassee.
Auralie