Re: What Charley taught us NOW Cute Furry Things

Well, armadillos are moving north - they have reached southern Missouri (z6).
Cathy
On Sunday, November 14, 2004, at 05:14 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

Not this far north, Zem. However, seeing the damage an itty bitty little
mole can do, I can't imagine what an armadillo would do burrowing along the
yard! YIKES!

Blessings,
Bonnie ( SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 6:07 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What Charley taught us NOW Cute Furry Things

My cats keep the squirrels in check, and they apparently have eaten any
rabbits in my yard. I do, however, have a resident armadillo. They might
not be
interested in my plants, but they dig craters deep enough to break an ankle

in the flower beds and in the yard looking for grubs. God forbid one
decides
to dig a burrow as has been done in several neighbors' yards. They make
the
skunks' divots look like nothing at all. Anybody else have problems with
them?

zem
zone 7
West TN