Re: OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

We can count our meetings as education too... that way we get more to come to the meetings. They won't let us count travel time which is not good... it keeps so many from going to educational events. It is hard when you drive 3 hours one way and only get to count 2 hours of a entire day.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: <Zemuly@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

In a message dated 11/15/2004 8:23:47 PM Central Standard Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:

We have 40 of volunteer, which includes administrative

The state MG coordinator spoke at our last meeting. I understood her to say
we were going to by uniform statewide. We now have 25 work hours and 8
CEUs, neither of which will be a problem to accumulate. My best friend in MGs
lives about 2 hours from me so we always try to volunteer together for work
hours. Our meetings count as CEUs so that is no problem.
We can count travel time for work, but not for education. I live 50 miles
from Jackson, TN, which is were all our approved work is done. For that
reason I generally have over 50 work hours to turn in. Don't know what I would do
without that program. I absolutely love it and all the people involved.

zem
zone 7
West TN