Re: OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

I don't look at it that way, I do take people with me all the time trying to get people to go to the meetings. I am trying to explain why it would be great if they would count travel hours so that we could get a better participation. I was one of 4 women that pushed to get our MG started. We don't have enough people that want in that we need to interview them to get in. We didn't have a class this fall because we didn't think we could get enough to really stay with the program. We are hoping that as time goes by everyone will see the benefit of being a MG. I can already see so many things that the county has benefited so much in the short time we have had a program. This is only the 6th year since we had our first class. I had taken the class in MO before moving here so I knew that it would work. We just had to show the extension agent that we could get it going.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 7:11 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

You can't look at it that way.. if the seminar/workshop is something
that you will enjoy or want to see/do.. it is worth the travel time.
IMHO  Can you ride with a friend and share the gas expense?

Donna
Who is always traveling... its 15 miles to the grocery store if I need
some last minute oops for dinner.. one way.

It is just hard to spend 6 hours driving somewhere then go to a 2
hour
class and only get to count 2 out of an 8 hour day.
Tricia