Re: OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

The newsletter helps to keep people in touch. During the growing season
we have 'workdays'. These used to be once a month, but less frequent
this past year. On these workday Saturdays we work on the grounds upkeep
- areas that aren't cared for by specific MGs who have specific display
gardens (however, they come on workdays too - the lunches and comraderie
are fabulous!) After lunch the Hort Ed does talk about current issues
and anyone else who has something they need to add will stand up. This
is as much of a 'meeting' as we ever have. There are group meetings, of
course for specific projects. The newsletter announces workshops and
seminars, but often these are held on the days we have garden walks open
to the public, which is also the same day we have plant sales. I always
have to work the plant sales so I never get to attend these talks. This
year there have been a few more talks at other times and hopefully he
will continue this. The main reason I was able to get more ed hours this
year was because I didn't work from mid-Jan to Sept. It will be much
more difficult in 2005. However, during the H&G show on my day off work,
I can teach the one class (doesn't count for me for ed hrs) and sit
there the rest of the day and listen to the other talks offered.

Kitty