Re: OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

When we travel together we try to stay on topics of gardening... since that is what we all have in common it isn't hard. So really we are learning on the ride to and from. If we can at all we usually stop off at least once at a nursery.
After all it is all about living and enjoying your life.
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

Trying to look at it from all angles I can see why it would help for
travel time to count, but I can also see why it wouldn't. 4 hrs of
travel time for a 1hr talk really doesn't yield 5 hrs of learning. But
to travel for 4 hrs just to get that 1hr can be a hardship. I would hope
that both sides could give a little. Perhaps a percentage of seminar
time could be awarded, like no more than 1/2 hr travel time ea way for a
1hr seminar, equaling a total of 2 hrs. A 3 hr seminar would allow for
no more than 3 hrs total travel time, but of course if you live 15 min
away, you still only count 1/2 hr travel.

Kitty

I don't look at it that way, I do take people with me all the time trying to
get people to go to the meetings. I am trying to explain why it would be
great if they would count travel hours so that we could get a better
participation. I was one of 4 women that pushed to get our MG started. We
don't have enough people that want in that we need to interview them to get
in. We didn't have a class this fall because we didn't think we could get
enough to really stay with the program. We are hoping that as time goes by
everyone will see the benefit of being a MG. I can already see so many
things that the county has benefited so much in the short time we have had a
program. This is only the 6th year since we had our first class. I had
taken the class in MO before moving here so I knew that it would work. We
just had to show the extension agent that we could get it going.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna"
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 7:11 AM