Re: What Charley taught us NOW Cute Furry Things

I truly do not like armadillos. Did you know they carry the leprosy
virus? And they do jump...and squeak...and they don't see well at night
(that's why you see so many dead ones on the road). When I chased one
with a broom (in New Orleans) and yelled at it...it jumped up and came
running after me. I screamed and ran. Ick. Hate 'em. The short one is
braver than me..that's for sure.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
Yeah, Jesse. It also squeaked.

On Monday, November 15, 2004, at 04:58 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> oh Never, but never, mess with a short, angry Turkish woman. Mmm,
> mmm, mmm. LOL.
>

> james singer wrote:
> Or a short, angry Turkish woman with a broom! Ms Fatma hit one in the
> butt once with a broom. It must've jumped 6 feet in the air.
>
> On Monday, November 15, 2004, at 10:09 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:
>
>> I did in New Orleans Zem. Armadillos can a destroy a yard and/or
>> garden
>> in one night. 'Bout the only thing that keeps them out of a yard is a
>> very large, barking dog.
>>

>> Jesse
>>
>> Zemuly@aol.com wrote:
>> My cats keep the squirrels in check, and they apparently have eaten
>> any
>> rabbits in my yard. I do, however, have a resident armadillo. They
>> might not be
>> interested in my plants, but they dig craters deep enough to break an
>> ankle
>> in the flower beds and in the yard looking for grubs. God forbid one
>> decides
>> to dig a burrow as has been done in several neighbors' yards. They
>> make the
>> skunks' divots look like nothing at all. Anybody else have problems
>> with
>> them?
>>
>> zem
>> zone 7