Re: OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

Your nursery rules are the same here... but I am not sure that everyone adheres to it. I have seen hours for going to a garden that I doubt that they got a tour.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

If we can at all we usually stop off at least once at
a nursery.

This too is a bit of a sticky wicket. For ed hours we can't acrue hours for visiting a nursery or arboretum unless we are given a tour. Last summer we visited an Arboretum for 2 hrs. One hr was a guided tour, the other hr was on our own. We could count only the 1 hour. Then we toured a distributor's nursery (from whom we purchase plants for resale.) We were there for two hours, but could only count 45 minutes of actual tour time. We can only count time during which we listen and learn. However, we are able to count the travel time. I'm not saying it makes sense, just that those are the rules.

Kitty

When we travel together we try to stay on topics of gardening... since that
is what we all have in common it isn't hard. So really we are learning on
the ride to and from. If we can at all we usually stop off at least once at
a nursery.
After all it is all about living and enjoying your life.
----- Original Message ----- From:
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:38 AM