From: james singer
Sent: 11/16/2004 7:24:10 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What Charley taught us  now squirrels/chipmunks

I have a chipmunk story, too. When I was about seven, my parents took
us to Grand Canyon for easter vacation. Nearly froze our southern
California bejubbies off. One moment while there, I grabbed a chipmunk
and, of course, it bit me. I didn't tell my parents what I'd done, but
you can bet I was ne plus certain I would die of rabies before we got
back to a warmer clime.

And shame on you, Theresa. Apricots are one of the ten best fruits in
the whole wide world.

On Tuesday, November 16, 2004, at 08:11 PM, Theresa wrote:

> Oh- I have a great chipmunk story!  When I was a kid we had chipmunks
> in the woods near us.  They used to come into the yard and literally
> steal every single apricot off the trees (which was OK with me- I hate
> apricots).  The tucked them into the notches of trees all over the
> place!  You could look into the woods and see apricots in elm, willow,
> oak, and maple trees.  It was a riot to watch them try to carry the
> darned things away in their mouths.
> Theresa
Island Jim
Southwest Florida