Re: What Charley taught us now squirrels/chipmunks

Can't say much for them fresh, but when dried - love them. Drying concentrates the flavor - I do a mean apricot upside down cake, and dried apricots cooked in heavy syrup and served on vanilla ice cream are heavenly.
Cathy
On Tuesday, November 16, 2004, at 08:03 PM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

Jim you are a riot. And I must admit apricots are exactly my favorites either.

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A
----- Original Message -----
From: james singer
Sent: 11/16/2004 7:24:10 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What Charley taught us  now squirrels/chipmunks

I have a chipmunk story, too. When I was about seven, my parents took
us to Grand Canyon for easter vacation. Nearly froze our southern
California bejubbies off. One moment while there, I grabbed a chipmunk
and, of course, it bit me. I didn't tell my parents what I'd done, but
you can bet I was ne plus certain I would die of rabies before we got
back to a warmer clime.

And shame on you, Theresa. Apricots are one of the ten best fruits in
the whole wide world.