Re: OT - now tubers was-Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

Wish I could - I think I just got lucky with my particular cats! Unless it is that the tree is artificial - the youngest of the three will occasionally climb my ficus (real), but never the Christmas tree.
Cathy
On Wednesday, November 17, 2004, at 07:37 AM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

Cathy, daughter Tzeitel tries to put up a tree every year, and every year
one or more of her 4 cats have to climb it. Could you give me a hint at how
educate her on how to keep her cats out of the tree? (Our dogs do not go
near the tree. They are forbidden in the living room and know their
boundaries. Christmas, we let up a little and let them in the hallway
across from the living room so they can be included in the family
festivities.)

Blessings,
Bonnie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cathy Carpenter
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 8:10 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - now tubers was-Wonderful web tribute to the Armed
forces

I contemplate simplifying, but DH wants the complete experience. Of
course, aside from outside lights (which he gets around to about every
other year), I do it all. Have a nine foot artificial tree (cannot
stand vacuuming needles) and I indulge myself with a few new ornaments
every year. The cats, believe it or not, do not try to climb it and
rarely play with the ornaments (I put unbreakable ones on the bottom
branches), but they love to lie under it (probably think no one can see
them in their place of concealment)!
Cathy
On Tuesday, November 16, 2004, at 07:34 PM, ""