RE: OT - now tubers was-Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

Hum.... I guess I just do things differently. I don't feed my fish
(other than a few treats occasionally). Gave up on pots and fertilizer,
seemed to add to the over nutrients problems. Now the plants take it out
of the water since the roots are somewhat exposed thru the rocks. I
built the bog area to take the excess rain water which can then overflow
to the back of the property. My fish stay in year round as the pond is
deep enough. My pond is right off my deck and easily visible from my
kitchen window. Although we do not have an ordinance about a fence, we
do have one... with a lock on the gate. I suppose the kids could easily
climb it, but we do our best to keep them out and the dog in.

I do my water changes as I water my land plants. Have a separate pump on
the bottom so it is just like turning on the faucet.....with the amount
of rain we have had for the last few years, I haven't bothered to refill
the pond, nature is handling that. I also have my ground water sump pump
drain into the pond as well....

Of course, just like with any gardening ... I do everything wrong, but
it works here, with minimal intervention from me :)

Donna