Re: Christmas giving programs

You know, I really don't think that Jim's remark is that off. If these
kids are so poor, then they need some basics. Here at work, we always
adopt families and kids. Often request a list of "wants" for Christmas.
Let me tell you these "poor" kids want more material things than most
kids I know. Lot's of requests for name brand stuff that is tied into
gang affiliation, lot's of "bling bling", etc.

Yeah, like anything related to gangs is going to be bought by
corrections employees! I hate how ungrateful so many of our adoptees
are. I'll only contribute stuff like socks and underwear, let them steal
the other stuff they want - I need a job until I retire. Fran (I'm a
biostatistician for OK corrections medical services)

Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net> wrote:
*snicker*...why does that NOT surprise me Jim. You crack me up. While you're at it...throw a lump of cole in there too. LOL

james singer wrote:
I don't know about the area where you live, but here there are several
organizations that want you to pick a child's name out of some sort of
replica of a hat and then go buy that child something for christmas. I
think this is a great idea. I intend to buy several of these children
the same sort of presents I got when I was their age. Socks and

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a