From: Kitty
Sent: 11/24/2004 12:07:22 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Christmas giving programs

I agree the basics are important, but the "wants" for material things

shouldn't be overlooked at Christmas.  It doesn't have to be bling, but with

the serviceable tube socks, couldn't you include one pair with pink lace

around the edge?  It's Cmas and everyone needs a little sparkle.

It is sad that the assumption is that anything a poor child wants but

doesn't get will be stolen.  I know some of that will happen, but I don't

think it is true across the board.

Kitty